Out of the Box FoodSM Fresh & Easy Pizza Sauce
Recipe makes enough sauce for 2-4 “Lunchable” pizzas or one large pizza. Recipe can be doubled but additional time will be required (see recipe)
Time: Prep – 5 minutes Cook – 30 minutes
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Heat medium saucepan over medium low heat.
- Saute onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute 2 minutes more.
- Add chopped tomatoes, dried herbs and salt. Cook 15 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook 10 minutes more. (cook 20 minutes more for doubled recipe)
© 2011, kimgerber. All rights reserved.