Up the nutrition and cut the cost with these homemade Oven Baked Olive Oil Potato Chips.
Out of the Box FoodSM Oven Baked Olive Oil Potato Chips
Cost per person: $.50 per person
Special Equipment: Mandolin or sharp knife, baking sheet(s), parchment paper
- 4 medium organic potatoes ($1.16)
- 1/4 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil ($.80)
- Sea Salt ($.05)
- Preheat oven (with baking sheet(s)) to 400 degrees
- Thinly slice potatoes into rounds (I used a mandolin here to create thin, even slices).
- In a large bowl, toss sliced potatoes with olive oil.
- Remove hot baking sheet(s) from oven and line with parchment paper.
- Lay potato slices onto parchment in single layer.
- Place baking sheet(s) back in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet(s) from oven and flip potato slices. (if using two baking sheets rotate their position in the oven so that they each get equal time on top rack)
- Return to oven and bake another 20 minutes.
- Remove sheets again, flip potatoes over and return to oven.
- Bake chips an additional 5-15 minutes or until evenly browned.
*Potatoes may need to be removed to a paper towel lined bowl individually as they brown. All ovens are different and some potatoes may brown more quickly than others.
© 2011, kimgerber. All rights reserved.