Crockpot Chicken Stock
Special Equipment: crockpot, quart freezer bags, fine mesh strainer/colander, medium bowl
- 1 leftover roasted, rotisserie, or Crockpot “Roast” Chicken (bones, skin and meat)
- 2 carrots, washed and cut/broken into three pieces each
- 2 celery stalks (w/leaves), washed and cut/broken into three pieces each
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 tbsp whole peppercorns
- 16 Cups water (approximately)
- Place the chicken, carrots, celery, onion and peppercorns in crock-pot.
- Pour water over ingredients.
- Put lid on crock-pot and cook on low 10-12 hours. (The longer you cook the richer the stock so don’t hesitate to let it cook longer.)
- Using a small mesh colander/strainer and bowl, strain out liquid. Discard vegetables.
- Measure liquid into desired serving size (I like to freeze 2 and 4C servings) and pour into quart freezer bags. Seal, label and lay flat in freezer to freeze. (measuring servings and labeling the bags makes for easy use in your next recipe.)
© 2012, kimgerber. All rights reserved.