Out of the Box Food‘s Lunch Box Sushi RollSM
This one has been a HUGE hit with both my kids and their friends that they sit with at the school lunch tables. I now have to send them with two whole rolls so that they can share with their friends.
- 2 C short grain rice
- 2 C water
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- pinch of salt
- nori seaweed wrappers
- smoked salmon/lox
- Cook rice according to package directions (can also be made in a rice cooker for more ease)
- In small saucepan heat vinegar, sugar and salt over low burner until combined.
- When rice is cooked, pour vinegar mixture over and toss to combine.
- Spread thin layer of sushi rice on nori (seaweed) sheet.
- Lay smoked salmon along one length of sheet about 1inch from edge.
- Lay avocado on top of salmon.
- Roll & slice. (whole uncut roll can be made the night before and wrapped tightly in plastic wrap. Unwrap and slice before packing lunch box.)
© 2011 – 2012, kimgerber. All rights reserved.