This summer fruit salad works as a lovely side dish, healthy breakfast or a light dessert. Take advantage of the fresh bounty at your local farmers market, and let the kids get creative with the fruit choices. You may find they learn to love something new.
Out of the Box Food Summer Fruit Salad with Orange Yogurt & Toasted Coconut
Special Equipment: foil lined baking sheet
- Assorted summer fruit (strawberries, apricots, peaches, plums, blueberries, nectarines, blackberries, etc.)
- 1/2 C Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp juice from an orange
- 1/2 C unsweetened coconut flakes
- thinly slice fruit and add to medium bowl.
- stir orange juice into Greek yogurt and stir until combined.
- Preheat toaster oven/conventional oven to 300 degrees.
- Toast coconut on foil lined baking sheet for 3-6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spoon mixed fruit into individual bowls or glasses. Top with dollop of orange yogurt and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
© 2011, kimgerber. All rights reserved.