Who doesn’t love a good Snickerdoodle? I mean come on…you can’t help but smile even when you say its name. These fluffy centered, crisp around the edge cookies are great dunked in an after-school glass of cold milk, served along side a piping hot cup of tea, or even left out on a plate on Christmas Eve for a jolly ol’ man in a red suit.
Special Equipment: Cookie sheets, parchment paper
- 2 3/4 C whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tbsp. flax meal
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 C unsalted butter, soft
- 3/4 C raw cane sugar
- 2 large eggs
- cinnamon sugar (1/4 C sugar + 4-5 tsp cinnamon)
- Combine flour, flax meal, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until well blended.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare cookie sheets with parchment.
- Pour cinnamon sugar into shallow dish.
- Roll dough into small balls and then roll in cinnamon sugar to coat.
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes.
Well, somehow this month has flown by and we have officially reached the holidays. I’ll be taking a hitaus for the next couple of weeks to enjoy the holidays with my family. Thank you for joining me on this Out of the Box Food journey. Your support and companionship as we work to create a healthier life for our children is valued and appreciated and I will look forward to continuing this journey with you in the new year. Happy Holidays to you all!
© 2011 – 2012, kimgerber. All rights reserved.